- Tuesday, September 5, 2017 through the end-of-day on Monday, September 11, 2017 (Seven (7) days).
- Please note that this period cannot be extended and failure to acknowledge/accept these funds as mandated by Florida Statute will prevent the employee from accessing these funds.
As indicated above, the acknowledgment/acceptance period will be short. This is due to the fact that, by law, these funds must be distributed no later than September 30th. Therefore, it is CRITICAL that all eligible employees follow the steps indicated below and provide the required “on-line” acknowledgment/acceptance during this period.
PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE LINK WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE ACKNOWLEDGMENT/ACCEPTANCE PERIOD OPENS ON SEPTEMBER 5, 2017.
Instructions For Acknowledgment/Acceptance of the Florida Teachers Classroom Supply Assistance Program funds:
- Login to the “Employee Portal.”
- Click on the “SAP ERP” tab.
- Click on the “Employee Self Service” tab.
- Click on “Payroll.”
- Click on “Florida Teachers Classroom Supply Assistance Program Payment.”
- After choosing this, the screen will display the “Florida Teachers Classroom Supply Assistance Program Payment Acknowledgment” statement.
- Carefully read the entire acknowledgment statement, including requirements pursuant to IRS mandates.
- If you agree with the acknowledgment statement and you wish to access the Florida Teachers Classroom Supply Assistance Program funds, click on the “ACCEPT” button, which will change to read “Accepted on …”, and will indicate the date you accepted.
- This procedure must be completed by the deadline in order to be able to access ClassWallet.
- A certified teacher employed on or before September 1, who’s full-time or job-share responsibility is the classroom instruction of students in eligible Pre-K (ESE) through Grade 12, including full-time media specialists and certified school counselors serving students in eligible Pre-K (ESE) through Grade 12.
- Pursuant to Florida Statute, only eligible Pre-K (ESE) through Grade 12 teachers who are funded through the Florida Finance Program are eligible to receive these funds, therefore, not all Pre-K teachers are entitled.
Important facts about the Classroom Supply (ClassWallet):
- The District does NOT know yet the exact amount that each teacher will receive for 2017-18 Florida Teachers Classroom Supply Assistance Program.
- All purchases made with the Supply Assistance funds must be made online using ClassWallet partner retailers which can be found once employees log into their ClassWallet account.
- You may begin using the ClassWallet funds on September 20, 2017.
- The District will no longer be collecting receipts for any purchases. However, in order to comply with Florida Statute 1012.71, employees must maintain receipts of all expenditures for a period of no less than 4 years for their records.
- Teachers who have already purchased eligible school supplies for the 2017-18, school year will be able to receive reimbursement by submitting eligible receipts, dated 7/1/17 or later, to ClassWallet. Detailed instructions will be provided by ClassWallet in the near future.
- The deadline to access ClassWallet (to purchase or upload eligible receipts) will be on February 28, 2018.
- Attached, please find the State’s supplies and equipment criteria. Note that food items for consumption or as incentives are not considered an eligible supply/material purchase.
- The District will monitor purchases made with these funds. Ineligible purchases, including but not limited to equipment, will require reimbursement to the District by the employee via payroll deduction or personal check.
- All eligible employees that completed the acknowledgement by the stated deadline will receive a “Welcome E-mail” from ClassWallet with log-in credentials and instructions. In the event that you do not receive an e-mail, eligible employees can access their account directly by accessing the ClassWallet platform and registering.
- Orders placed through ClassWallet will be shipped and delivered to the employee’s work location which will be automatically populated by ClassWallet on the employee’s account.